Finding Bigfoot is a documentary television series that premiered on May 30, 2011, on Animal Planet. The program follows members of the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization in their search for Bigfoot, a cryptid hominid allegedly living in the wildernesses of the United States and Canada. The series never questions the existence of Bigfoot but rather documents the team’s search efforts as if it were searching for individuals of a known animal species.
The team often makes use of reconstructions, using a team member as a stand-in for Bigfoot for eyewitnesses to judge scale, as well as night-vision technology and FLIR cameras. Another mainstay is call blasting, mimicking the yells of the creatures.
Matt Moneymaker, researchers James “Bobo” Fay and Cliff Barackman, and skeptical scientist Ranae Holland, have expanded their search in North America and beyond to investigate the sasquatch phenomenon known as “yowies” in Australia and the “orang pendek” of Indonesia.
Season 3 of the series aired from November 2012 to March 2013. It included international investigations in Australia and the Kerinci area on the island of Sumatra, Indonesia.
Season 4 will air beginning on November 10, 2013. It is expected to have at least ten episodes.
Seasons and episodes
- 9 - 1Disco BigfootJan. 08, 2017
- 9 - 2The Family That Squatches TogetherJan. 08, 2017
- 9 - 3Hawaiis Little FootJan. 15, 2017
- 9 - 3Return to Four CornersJan. 22, 2017
- 9 - 6Bright Lights and BigfootsFeb. 12, 2017
- 9 - 7Bigfoot TownFeb. 12, 2017
- 9 - 8Brews, Brats and BigfootsFeb. 19, 2017
- 9 - 9The SquatchlandFeb. 26, 2017