Property Brothers is a Canadian reality television series that is produced by Cineflix. It airs on W Network and HGTV. Identical twin brothers Jonathan and Drew Scott help home buyers to purchase and renovate “fixer-uppers.”
Drew is a real estate expert who scouts neglected houses and negotiates the purchases. His identical twin brother Jonathan is a licensed contractor who does the renovations of the houses. Together, the Property Brothers help families find, buy, and transform fixer-uppers into dream homes on a strict time-line and strict budget.
Each episode starts with the brothers showing buyers a house with everything on their wish list that tends to be substantially over their budget. Afterward, the brothers show them fixer-uppers with potential to become their dream home. After the buyers narrow it down to two houses, the brothers use computer-generated imagery to reveal their re-imagined vision of the home after renovations.
The show has a condensed time-line of the renovations. Typical of home improvement shows with an accelerated renovation format, the brothers have three experienced crews work on the house to finish in the 4 to 6 week timeline. They work with real project budgets set out by the buyers. The buyers own the property and pay for the remodelling, but the show is able to provide about $20,000 to $25,000 worth of furnishings.
Seasons and episodes
- 9 - 9Dream City, Dream Job, Dream HomeOct. 11, 2016
- 10 - 2Searching for Glitz and GlamDec. 21, 2016
- 10 - 3Game-time DecisionJan. 04, 2017
- 10 - 4Collaboration and TeamworkJan. 11, 2017
- 10 - 5Character and Closed ConceptJan. 18, 2017
- 10 - 6Modern Must-HaveJan. 25, 2017
- 10 - 7Delivering a Dream Home Just in TimeFeb. 01, 2017
- 10 - 8Condo to CountrysideFeb. 08, 2017
- 10 - 9Unexpected Dream HomeFeb. 15, 2017
- 10 - 10Century Home ShowstopperFeb. 22, 2017
- 10 - 11Fixer-upper For Dog LoversMar. 01, 2017
- 10 - 12Rustic-Meets-Modern DesignMar. 08, 2017
- 10 - 13Modern Masterpiece for TwoMar. 15, 2017